The history of one of Ontario's oldest communities is proudly displayed at the Penetanguishene Centennial Museum & Archives. Visit the 1875 Lumber Office and General Store owned by late lumber baron and past mayor, Mr. Charles Beck.
The past of the most historic town west of Quebec City is proudly displayed in the 135-year-old Centennial Museum. Built in 1875 by Karl Maxillian (Charles) Beck the former C. Beck Lumber office and General Store became the Town's Museum in 1967 in celebration of the Country's 100th birthday. Condemned to close in 1991, an extensive fundraising campaign by the Friends of the Museum saved it.
The museum's Timber Bay Gift Shop is the perfect place to purchase your Penetanguishene souvenirs or gift for those back home.
An active and vital genealogical research center is maintained by dedicated and friendly volunteers.
The museum's Great Hall, grounds and 20 × 40 tent are available for rental for meetings, workshops, parties, family reunions, and weddings.
Located on the shores of Penetanguishene Bay, the Museum grounds offer a quaint and beautiful setting for gathering of music and tales of our heritage.
Photography Mik Herman for GeonMagazine